Gaggenau Recipe: Egg With Mum’s Watercress Soup
By Chef Ryan Clift
(6 serving portions)
- 1kg of watercress
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1L water 250ml of good quality olive oil Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- Set the sous-vide oven to 62°C and cook all 8 eggs for 45 minutes.
- Set them aside until required.
- 2 of the eggs are spares, in case you damage a couple when you open them up.
- Start by adding potatoes to a pot of water and season with salt and pepper. Place the pot on the stove and bring it to a simmer on low heat. When the potatoes are tender, it’s time to start making the soup.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan with a heavy base. When the pan is smoking hot, add water cress and quickly wilt it down.
- Add water and potato mix as it will come to boil very quickly. Immediately remove and blend on high power.
- Pass the soup through a sieve into a bowl over ice to cool it down immediately.
- When reheating the soup, be careful not to overboil as the soup might discolour. The soup can be consumed hot or cold.
- Crack the eggs carefully into the bowl and pour over the soup (hot or cold).
- Olive oil caviar and truffle are optional.