Dark Rum and Orange Cake; Delicious And Moist With A Rum And Orange Syrup, Sure To Be Enjoyed By Many.
Dark Rum and Orange Cake
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 50g of butter melted
- 2 large oranges, zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup rum
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup sugar
Pre heat NEFF oven 160 oC Circo Therm. Other ovens use fan bake at 160 oC
- Grease and flour a large bundt tin.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, oil, milk, rum, orange zest, juice and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to the egg mixture and whisk together ensuring there are no lumps.
- Pour batter into greased bundt tin and bake for 50- 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Place the juice, sugar and rum into a sauce pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 8- 10 minutes.
- Once the cake is out of the oven let it rest for 5 minutes before placing on a serving plate.
- Pour ½ the syrup over the cake. Add more sauce when serving cake. Enjoy!!