Serves: Approx. 20
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup of sugar
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp. boiling water
1 tbsp. golden syrup
¾ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 170°C on 4D HotAir
- Combine the flour, rolled oats, sugar and coconut and mix well.
- Gently heat the golden syrup and butter in a pot until it is softened and combined.
- While it is heating combine the baking soda and boiling water together in a glass.
- Remove from butter mixture heat and immediately add the baking soda mixture and mix until it fluffs up.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Make walnut sized balls of mixture and flatten them down before placing them on a baking tray.
- This batch makes 2-3 trays of cookies cooked on two wire racks on just baking paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool completely.
For an additional treat gently melt some chocolate in a pot and drizzle over the biscuits.