The Aromas From This Slow-Cook Recipe Will Fill Your Home, A Beautiful Combination Of Garlic, Ginger, Paprika, Cinnamon, Dates and Beef
Persian Spiced Beef With Dates
- 400g trimmed blade steak
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 Onions thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 440g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500g kumara peeled and cubed
- ½ cup dates
- 1 cup shredded silverbeet
- 200g green beans
- Sour cream – to serve, optional
Pre heat NEFF oven slow cook 120oC
- Dice the beef, coat with the flour and season well with salt and pepper.
- Using a large flame-proof casserole dish, heat up to a medium to high temperature, add 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Brown the beef in batches for 2-3 minutes until brown.
- Remove beef and cook onions until soft stirring often.
- Add garlic, ginger, paprika and cinnamon stick, mix together and cook for 2 minutes.
- Return beef to the casserole dish with chopped tomatoes and 1 ½ cups of water, stir to combine and bring to the boil.
- Add the kumara and dates and place in the oven with the lid on for 1 ½ -2 hours.
- Check after 1 ½ hour to see if the beef is tender.
- Once cooked gently stir through the cooked beans and the shredded silverbeet. Put the lid back on and let sit for 10 minutes for the silverbeet to cook.
- Serve in a bowl with a dollop of sour cream.